Enjoy a low-calorie healthy comfort pasta dish for lunch or dinner and they’ll never know it’s not the real stuff!
Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
Author: Jessica Wood
Recipe type: Main
- 1 pound Organic Fettuccine Noodles
- 1 stick Organic Vegan Butter or measure out earth balance
- 1 cup Vegan Cream substitute
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1½ teaspoons parsley, chopped
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 cups Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta, and cook the pasta until al dente.
- Place a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Melt the butter in the skillet.
- Then pour in an equal amount of cream.
- Whisk it together gently, and just allow the mixture to get warm.
- At this point, season the sauce with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and nutmeg.
- Reserve about a half cup f the starchy pasta water, to thin out the sauce later.
- Get out a big serving bowl.
- Sprinkle half the Parmesan right into the bowl.
- Then pour the warm, creamy butter mixture right into the cheese.
- Don’t stir it. Just let it sit and get and warm the cheese.
- Drain the pasta.
- Immediately pour the pasta, steaming hot, right into the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Then, with tongs, gently toss it to combine.
- After you give it a couple of tosses, sprinkle in the rest of the Parmesan and parsley.
*MimicCream is a great vegan cream substitute. *Important: if the sauce gets to thick, splash in some of the warm pasta water. It’ll bring it to the perfect consistency.